Monday 29 August 2011

Fun-by-the-Sea


Sometimes I get asked to do a photo shoot which is fun with a capital 'F". I was recently asked to photograph a young girl with a big personality and bags and bags of energy. I travelled to a little seaside town called Weston-Super-Mare for a shoot by the sea. The day was overcast but warm and so I suggested we went down to the sea front and found some great spots to take photographs.


 Like most children, this little girl had so much energy and so it soon became clear that standing still and posing was not an option. She was always on the move and so I set up some scenarios to shoot as I wanted to capture her personality. The first shot was taken with the pier in the background and I just love the way she is swinging on the railings, and the second shot was taken on some decking by the sea front. I asked the girl to do some star jumps for me and to make them BIG. She did a fabulous job of them I think!


She was a complete natural in front of the camera and loved having her photo taken which made her a real joy to photograph. The shot above was taken during an unguarded moment when she was laughing with her mum (out of shot to the camera's left). I did take a few that were more posed but this one was my favourite of these  - there is real fun in her expression I think. When we stopped for refreshments I discovered where she got her energy - chocolate cake of course!


I think it is really important to keep any portrait shoot fun and relaxed and so I have always favoured the lifestyle shoots on location, but this little girl made it so easy. We had a blast hanging out by the seaside.

4 comments:

  1. It looks like great fun - which is the point of such a shoot I'm sure. And a great excuse to be at the seaside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute kid. Oh to be that age, where worries exist in someone else's universe.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. she's fabulous
    her personality shines through the shots
    well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great fun Rashbre :)

    I know what you mean Randall. I could do with a few less worries!

    Thanks Dianne. She is a natural in front of the camera :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment and come back soon!