Monday 9 April 2012

Dark and Light


Did I ever mention how much I like chocolate? Well, let's just say it's quite a bit as long as it's the good stuff. I like both light and dark chocolate as I think both types have their own unique taste, both are delicious in their own way. That's pretty much how I feel about these photographs I recently took in the Forest of Dean. There was a part of the woods I visited that were light and airy, and then there was another part that was dark, deep and secretive.


I tried to capture both of these feelings in the photographs, the open airy and bright fresh feel as well as the dark and mysterious. So, which do you prefer? (Chocolate and the photographs!).

7 comments:

  1. I prefer Dark Chocolate..But, I like both the Light and Dark of these photographs....!
    (I just ate a piece of Dark Chocolate that someone gave me for Easter...Oh My, it was GREAT!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naomi. I'm pleased to hear you got some delicious Easter chocolate!

      Delete
  2. The second one reminds of the b/w Ansel Adams print of Aspens in New Mexico. Very cool.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Randall. I take that as a compliment.

      Delete
  3. I love these photos! I'd probably say the 1st one is my favourite.

    I hoped to capture a similar shot (with crater holes) when I was in Beglium/Northern France a couple of years back on a WW1 trip. Sadly, I was having to rush back to the coach, so didn't get the shot I wanted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki-Ann. Time is always an element when shooting. Sometimes I don't get the shot I wanted, but I get something unexpected instead.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment and come back soon!