Wednesday 6 July 2011

The Lily Pond


Whenever I go out for the day, invariably my camera goes with me. You never know when a shot will present itself and quite frankly I enjoy taking pictures. It's also good to keep practicing my art and keep pushing myself to improve. This photo of a duck in a lily pond was taken recently on a day out visiting an arboretum. This little pond lay at the end of a path and was surrounded by Japanese Maples. It was a gorgeous day and quite idyllic. I watched the ducks for a while but it was this little one, sat on his own amongst the lily pads that caught my eye.

I was pleased to find out recently that this photo won a bronze award in an International competition. I used my 70-200mm f2.8L and kept the aperture wide to blur the background lily pads.

8 comments:

  1. Well done you! Beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent photograph, the duck looks like he has lost his favourite snack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the prize. BTW, mallards are my favorite ducks--just beautiful.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone :)

    Michael - You're not far off. The other ducks were all in pairs but this one was on his own.

    Randall - I must admit that I like the idea of having a favourite duck :) I'm glad you like the photo though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh, he is Soo Very Dear....! BEAUTIFUL Picture, my dear B-K.....His colors are so vibrant...And the Lily Pond looks like a "Monet"....! A bsolutely Sublime, my dear!

    And thanks for your very very sweet comments on my 80th...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on the award!!
    it is a wonderful shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Naomi. I like being my photo being likened to a Monet very much! :)

    Thanks Dianne :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi. Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment and come back soon!